Bringing super heroines together to use their powers for good.
An alliance of the greatest super heroines in the universe – fans!
We’re using the power of fandom to fight for equality and representation.
Super Heroines, Etc. believes in doing our part to develop the talent necessary for building a just, feminist, and equitable world. We’re also deeply concerned about the toll COVID-19 is taking on hourly wage workers in our community.
We’ve developed the SHE Fellows program as a way for talented folks who are interested in building their skills and experience while supporting a fast-growing, dynamic organization.
Fellowships will last one month with a $500 stipend. Fellows will not work more than 10 hours per week and have the ability to choose your area(s) of concentration in terms of skill development.
What are the benefits of being a SHE Fellow?
- The opportunity to gain deep experience in an area where you may have tons of passion and interest, just not a lot of formal experience or skills
- An official title to mark your experience that could launch you down a new career path
- Unique opportunity to co-create a role and develop mission critical new systems within a rapidly growing organization
- Access to SHE trainings, resources, and contacts
- Access to SHE experts in fields like nonprofit management, social media marketing, web development, graphic design and more
- A cash stipend of $500
What are we looking for in a SHE Fellow?
- A commitment to social justice, feminism, and an understanding of SHE’s mission and values
- Ability to balance idea generation with execution
- An interest in developing skills that could launch you into a new career path
- Demonstrated interest in the areas noted in the fellowship description
- Enthusiasm for working with a nimble, startup-esque organization that has a developing infrastructure
- Willingness to not just “do” but also help us to develop systems and make our work sustainable after your fellowship
We encourage candidates reflecting the following attributes to apply:
- Currently employed in an hourly wage position with hours impacted by COVID-19
- Current or former SHE volunteers
- People of color
- Smart people with non-linear/non-traditional experience and educational backgrounds
- Folks living in the Greater Cincinnati area, but we are open to remote applicants