BOARD POSITION: Secretary
Super Heroines, Etc. (SHE) is seeking a new Secretary who can keep us organized and efficient in fulfilling our mission. We are seeking a detail-oriented super heroine/hero who can help maintain board documents, organize meetings, and keep us on track. As a board member, you’ll also provide guidance to the organization and help make key decisions about our direction. This role will serve a variety of roles, including:
- Take and distribute minutes at all Board of Directors meetings, which meet a minimum of four times per year (due to an accelerated timeline of planning exciting change, we are meeting twice a month this summer) ;
- Schedule board meetings, secure board meeting locations, notify members of the meetings, and provide members with any materials necessary at least a week before the meetings;
- Serve as Records Manager, maintain SHE documents, records, and archives per SHE policy and state and federal law, and in coordination/collaboration with the Treasurer and President.
- Maintain records of key board and SHE documents, and maintain and organize documents in our Google drive;
- Become knowledgeable about the organization’s bylaws;
- Ensure the board meets all requirements, such as annual filing deadlines;
- Ensure board elections are held in a timely manner.
- Maintain Membership records in coordination with other Board members/roles TBD.
- Prepare reports as needed/requested by the Board.
- Participate in board’s fundraising initiatives.
Preferred (but not required) Experience:
- Familiar with SHE and our mission
- Previous secretary role in a non-profit or business or previous experience on a non-profit board
Author: Carolyn Noe
Carolyn is the Founder & Executive Director of Super Heroines, Etc. She is a recent transplant to Cincinnati and lives with her husband and her dog. She regularly nerds out about Parks & Rec, Firefly, and Pride & Prejudice.